The Tri-M Music Honor Society is a National Honor Society designed to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements, reward them for their accomplishments and service activities, & to inspire other students to excel at music and leadership.
- Provide an appropriate method for recognizing the musical achievements of members.
- Strengthen our school’s music program.
- Help our members reach their full musical potential.
- Motivate and recognize members’ musical & personal achievements, credits, & grades.
- Encourage our members to work together toward the same goal.
- Inspire and challenge our members.
- Focus public attention on our school’s music program through community service.
- Must have been enrolled in a high school music ensemble/class for at least 1 year, and must be currently enrolled in a music course.
- Must have maintained in the previous semester an A average in music, and B average in other academic areas.
- Must exhibit leadership, character, and service in the activities at YHS.
- Students are required to complete 10 hours of service during the course of the school year.
How Do You Apply?
- Submit online application form to Mr. Bersh stating a) why you’re interested in becoming a member, and b) what ideas you have for promoting the purpose of the Honor Society. Provide a transcript/proof of academic eligibility.
- Application Deadline for 2016-2017 is September 30. Returning members – First meeting is September 19; October 12 for new members.