- U.S. Army Field Band Bassoon Section
- Topics covered: Introduction, Assembling the Bassoon, Putting the Bassoon Away, How to Hold the Bassoon, Tone Production, Technique, Choosing and Adjusting Reeds, How to Ensure Your Bassoon is in Good Repair, Bassoon Method Books & Solos
- Bassoon Basics Supplement: U.S. Army Field Band
- Bassoon Tips: U.S. Army Field Band
- Over 360 tunes to play, including folk tunes, popular songs, classical music, technical exercises, and “play by ear” assignments for beginners through professional players.
- Many audio clips so you can hear professional bassoon playing on the tunes you are studying, and get a good sound in your head for which you can strive.
- Many instructional videos that will help you see and hear how to play bassoon well.
- Over 50 duets or canons where you can play in harmony with the audio clip.
- Videos by Terry B. Ewell, professor at Towson University and former President of the International Double Reed Society
- Website includes instruction guides, information guides, fingering charts, etc.
Bassoon Master Classes
- London Symphony Orchestra Master Class, Joost Bosdijk
- Philadelphia Orchestra Master Class, Daniel Matsukawa
- Gustavo Nunez, principal bassoon of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Bassoon Fundamentals
- Haydn, Divertimento no. 1 in B flat major; Philadelphia Woodwind Quintet, Sol Schoenbach on bassoon.
- Trois Pieces Breves, Jacques Ibert; Philadelphia Woodwind Quintet, Sol Schoenbach on bassoon.
- Hindemith: Kleine Kammermusik, Op. 24, No. 2; Philadelphia Woodwind Quintet, Sol Schoenbach on bassoon.
- Samuel Barber: Summer Music, Part 1/Part 2; Philadelphia Woodwind Quintet, Sol Schoenbach on bassoon.
- Bubonic Bassoon Quartet
- Christopher Millard