Each year, the Marching Band travels to Mercersburg Academy (Mercersburg Website) for a full week of instruction in preparation for the fall season. The week preceding Mercersburg, the Band holds evening rehearsals at Yorktown.
View the Marching Band Video Trailer Here to get a behind the scenes view of what Marching Band and Band Camp are all about!
- Necessary Materials -Everything you need to have for rehearsals
- Camp Packing List
- Footwear – Guide for selecting appropriate footwear for the marching band activity
-August 6: Student Leadership Only, 9 – 1 pm
-August 6: Marching Band Pre-Camp, All Members Report for first time 2 – 6 pm.
-August 8: Pre-Camp Full Ensemble Rehearsal, 4:30 – 7:00 pm
-August 8: Welcome Back Barbecue, for all families, 7:00 – 8:30 pm
-August 9-14: Away Camp at Mercersburg Academy (transportation provided)
- Aug 9: Report time: 11:00 am, YHS (Percussion & Low Brass report at 10:30 to load truck, Student Leadership Report at 9:00 am)
- Aug 14: Arrive at YHS ~ 3:30/4:00 pm. Once truck in unloaded, band is dismissed.
-August 16, 17, 18: Rehearsal 5 – 8 pm
-August 23, 25: Rehearsal 5 – 8 pm
-August 24: Nationals Game! (Details TBA)
-August 30, 31: Rehearsal 5 – 8 pm
-September 1: 1st Football game.
*Exact times of evening rehearsals are subject to change based on field availability.
Other Important Information about Mercersburg
- Students are provided with three full meals each day. They still may want to pack some snacks. Parents will run a snack shop with healthy treats.
- You can not lock your room door from the outside. Do not bring valuable electronics. Each student is responsible for the safety of his own possessions. No other group uses our rooming facility. No one except for Yorktown Staff, Chaperones, and Students will be in our dormitory. Access to the dormitory is protected through the use of a keycard.
- Transportation is provided to and from camp.