Band Day is the major fundraiser of the year. Each fall, students travel in groups, under adult supervision, to households in Yorktown to ask for financial support for the band.
Dressed in their uniforms and armed with information about the current Yorktown Band needs and all of the charm in the world, students raise almost a quarter of our annual budget!
Band Day 2017 will be September 16, 8:00am – 2 pm
Where does the money go?
The money the band fundraisers supports the program by:
- Providing scholarship for students to participate on trips.
- Purchasing music equipment and repairing instruments.
- Purchasing music for ensembles.
- Maintaining Uniforms.
- Hiring Professional Musicians to come and work with students.
- Paying for Transportation needs throughout the year.
The Yorktown Band Boosters are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
You can donate by check. Thank you for your patronage. Yorktown Band Boosters Federal ID Number : 54-1769406 Send checks to: Yorktown Band Boosters PO Box 7041 Arlington, VA 22207