Welcome to the Yorktown High School Band Booster Website. Congratulations to the Yorktown Band Program for being named a 2014-2015 Honor Band by the Virginia Band & Orchestra Directors Association. The Music Department has recently been named a GRAMMY Signature Schools semi-finalist and has been honored with a 2015 SupportMusic Merit Award from The NAMM Foundation for outstanding commitment to music education. See the video of Yorktown’s World Premiere of Voyage here! Catch a full recap of the 2014-2015 band’s accolades here!
- www.nationals.com/yorktown Support Yorktown by attending a Nationals game September 20!
- SPIN WITH THE PATRIOTS students grades 4-8, perform with the color guard at a Yorktown Football Marching Band Halftime show! September 18
- 2015-2016 Jazz Band Auditions – September 16. Details here.
- Senior Regional Orchestra Audition Excerpts available here. Sign Up By September 11!
- September 12 – See the Yorktown Marching Band perform at the 9-11 Memorial 5k!
- September 13 – Volunteer Opportunity – perform at Westover Farmers Market
- September 19 – Band Day! Donate Here!
What Are People Saying About The Yorktown Bands?
- “There were some stunningly beautiful moments in that, and really mature playing on a difficult piece [Variations on a Shaker Melody] . . . That was as good of trumpet playing as I’ve heard in quite some time on this piece, nice work. . . There is an awful lot about this program to like – it is a developing program that is clearly serious about what they’re doing, a young conductor who’s just really in tune with his students, and some beautiful, beautiful moments.” Adjudicator, VBODA Concert Assessment.
- “You can’t play Copland unless you can do unisons and octaves and fifths, and you really did that beautifully . . . Aspects of [Variations on a Shaker Melody] that were just stunning.” – Clinician, National Concert Band Festival.
- “You’ve done a really nice job with a difficult and significant program. You should be commended for your hard work and dedication and your high quality performance. Thank you so much for coming to the festival, for being part of a great weekend, and for your really strong contributions to the percussion festival. I’m happy you made it and we hope that you’ll choose to come back here in the future.” – Clinician, National Percussion Ensemble Festival.
- “Your program here at Yorktown is World-Class and has a glowing reputation . . . I’ve heard your bands before and everybody’s familiar with the good work that’s happening here” Adjudicator – Regional Essentially Ellington Jazz Festival.
- “Congratulations Yorktown, your band is killin,’ you’ve got a great program here, I love everything about it here – the enthusiasm, your choice of material, your presentation was spectacular . . . Top marks for you, I couldn’t be more complimentary.” Adjudicator – Regional Essentially Ellington Jazz Festival.
- “Very, very, very fine program, really tasteful, trained, artistry in all areas, keep up the good work.” Judge – Adjudicator, Northeast Marching Band Championships.
- “Oh, GET OUT OF HERE! Wow, I’m just completely mesmerized. That’s great. Bravo. . . Clearly there is a strong technical foundation, the players obviously know what they’re doing. It was fun to watch this group grow over the course of the season. The performance quality is great – off to a great start in Open Class. Congrats.” Judges, Indoor Percussion Championships
- “I’m one of those older walkers who is privileged to enjoy your beautiful music as I circle the track in the evenings . . . many thanks for making my walks so magical.” – Arlington Community Member