Welcome to the Yorktown High School Band Booster Website. Congratulations to the Yorktown Band Program for being named a 2013-2014 Honor Band by the Virginia Band & Orchestra Directors Association. The Music Department has recently been named a GRAMMY Signature Schools semi-finalist and has been honored with a 2015 SupportMusic Merit Award from The NAMM Foundation for outstanding commitment to music education. The Symphonic Band and Percussion Ensemble have been invited to the 2015 Music For All National Concert Band Festival (Press Release Here). See the video of Yorktown’s World Premiere of Voyage here! Catch a full recap of the band’s recent accolades here!
Band Bulletin: Bulletin 35, 4/20 – 5/3
- April 22 – Big Band Jam, Pershing Park, 11:00 am Performance + Noon Clinic with Sean Jones
- April 28 – APS Percussion Ensemble Festival, at Yorktown High School, 7 pm
- West Side Story: Buy Tickets Here
What Are People Saying About The Yorktown Bands?
- “There were some stunningly beautiful moments in that, and really mature playing on a difficult piece [Variations on a Shaker Melody] . . . That was as good of trumpet playing as I’ve heard in quite some time on this piece, nice work. . . There is an awful lot about this program to like – it is a developing program that is clearly serious about what they’re doing, a young conductor who’s just really in tune with his students, and some beautiful, beautiful moments.” Adjudicator, VBODA Concert Assessment.
- “You can’t play Copland unless you can do unisons and octaves and fifths, and you really did that beautifully . . . Aspects of [Variations on a Shaker Melody] that were just stunning.” – Clinician, National Concert Band Festival.
- “You’ve done a really nice job with a difficult and significant program. You should be commended for your hard work and dedication and your high quality performance. Thank you so much for coming to the festival, for being part of a great weekend, and for your really strong contributions to the percussion festival. I’m happy you made it and we hope that you’ll choose to come back here in the future.” – Clinician, National Percussion Ensemble Festival.
- “Your program here at Yorktown is World-Class and has a glowing reputation . . . I’ve heard your bands before and everybody’s familiar with the good work that’s happening here” Adjudicator – Regional Essentially Ellington Jazz Festival.
- “Congratulations Yorktown, your band is killin,’ you’ve got a great program here, I love everything about it here – the enthusiasm, your choice of material, your presentation was spectacular . . . Top marks for you, I couldn’t be more complimentary.” Adjudicator – Regional Essentially Ellington Jazz Festival.
- “Very, very, very fine program, really tasteful, trained, artistry in all areas, keep up the good work.” Judge – Adjudicator, Northeast Marching Band Championships.
- “Oh, GET OUT OF HERE! Wow, I’m just completely mesmerized. That’s great. Bravo. . . Clearly there is a strong technical foundation, the players obviously know what they’re doing. It was fun to watch this group grow over the course of the season. The performance quality is great – off to a great start in Open Class. Congrats.” Judges, Indoor Percussion Championships
- “I’m one of those older walkers who is privileged to enjoy your beautiful music as I circle the track in the evenings . . . many thanks for making my walks so magical.” – Arlington Community Member
Fundraising with Amazon
The Yorktown Band Boosters are now part of the Amazon Associates program. Click on the Amazon search box on the right side of every page, or on the Amazon.com banner on Amazon page. The band will get up to 15% of anything you buy. This is a year round deal – books, music, electronics, holiday shopping – everything’s included! read more..
Would you like to support the Yorktown Bands? You can donate online or by check. Thank you for your patronage. Yorktown Band Boosters Federal ID Number : 54-1769406
You can send checks to:
Yorktown Band Boosters
PO Box 101141
Arlington, VA 22210